Rules for Player Retention and Right To Match:
- Every team will be given an option to RETAIN a player and also a RIGHT TO MATCH.
- If a team RETAINS a player, the value of the player will be as follows; NO. OF POINTS for which he was awarded in the previous auction + 5,000 points.
- If a team RETAINS a player before the auction, they will get 1 RIGHT TO MATCH during auction.
- If a team does not wish to retain a player will get 2 RIGHT TO MATCH during auction.
- Teams, whose sponsors are also players and wanting to play for their sponsored team, will get an additional RIGHT TO MATCH for SPONSORS only.
- Teams with the above situation, if retain a player will get 2 RIGHT TO MATCH during auction, 1 for a player who played for the same team previous year and 1 for the SPONSOR.
- Teams with the above situation, if do not retain a player will STILL get only 2 RIGHT TO MATCH where one will be for a player who played for the same team previous year and 1 for the SPONSOR.
- RETENTION OF PLAYER and RIGHT TO MATCH will have FIXED PURSE. Both players under this category will be given for an amount of 75,000 points. No teams can go beyond this for RETENTION and RIGHT TO MATCH. Total purse for AUCTION is set at 1,75,000 Points
- Teams with sponsors wanting to play for their sponsored team are to inform in advance to the BPL Organizing Committee.
- RIGHT TO MATCH for SPONSORS will be given to teams only if the same is informed by the CAPTAIN of the respective team.
- RETENTION OF PLAYERS and RIGHT TO MATCH are not compulsory to use. It’s only an option given to the Captain.
- Captain of the team can exercise these options only if he desires so. A team shall comprise of Min. 15 players
TEAM PURSE FOR AUCTION
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF TEAM RETAINS A PLAYER.